About this Policy
TIL will ensure that it incorporates environmental considerations into all of its decision making.
TIL will comply with all relevant environmental law and terminal project approvals and seek continual improvement in our environmental performance by, at a minimum, adopting the following principles.
This Policy is approved by the Board and no part of the Policy may be amended without the Board’s approval. The Board will review and approve this Policy on an annual basis.
- Provide adequate resources, equipment and training for employees at all levels to fulfil their responsibilities in relation to the environment and their work practices.
- Implement systems, standards and processes to enable all activities to be carried out with regard to our environmental responsibilities.
- Conduct regular reviews of the company’s environmental performance and implement improvements as required.
- Include environmental considerations in our decision-making and business planning.
- Assess and seek to eliminate or minimise the environmental impacts of all of our activities.
- Identify and report to senior management and the Board environmental hazards, near misses, incidents and impacts, and corrective/preventative actions taken.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable environmental laws, project approvals, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Strive to use resources efficiently, minimise waste and prevent pollution.
- Monitor our environmental performance.
- Maintain emergency, fire protection and security systems and facilities to protect the environment.
- Appoint capable people with appropriate skills and experience to carry out their work in a manner that is compatible with sound environmental performance and this policy.
- Communicate with relevant key stakeholders in relation to the company’s environmental management activities.